We are always looking for individuals who have a natural talent in and passion for caring for others.
Our team members come from all walks of life, and if we find a candidate who embraces our values, we will equip them with all the training they need to excel in their roles.
We are a caring employer and are committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding our people. Testament to this is being awarded Care Employer of the Year 2015 at The Great British Care Awards.
Nurse, Redhill, Surrey£16.00-£17.00Job Description
We are looking for a dedicated and caring nurse to join our care home in Redhill.
Job purpose – To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high personalised standard of residential care which meets the individual needs of residents and the high standards expected at Carebase. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To ensure that the company’s mission statement and core values are carried through all aspects of patient care.
- To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the home.
- To formulate, implement and regularly maintain nursing care plans, providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health& Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act and ensure that the correct accident and incident reporting procedures are followed to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To provide and supervise the delivery of nursing care, acting as a resource for all the caring team, identifying any training and development needs, assisting colleagues to their maximum and assist in training programmes.
- To ensure highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
- To maintain and keep accurate nursing records, by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely undertaken, implemented and evaluated, to participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers as arranged and to ensure support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
- To dispense and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records in line with current legislative guidelines.
- To carry out effective stock control and ordering of resident’s prescribed medication and medical products for the Home in line with current legislative guidelines.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contributing to team meetings and resident review meetings, ensuring good communication and assisting in the induction and training of newly appointed members of the care team, ensuring Carebase Homes are friendly, supportive caring environments.
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents mishaps and Daily Census to the Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Company Policy.
- This is a team role working as an integral part of the caring team. There is also a supervisory and supportive element within the role, providing guidance and acting as a resource for the caring team. Close liaison with external professionals, Residents and relatives is also a large part of the role therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- To provide a high standard of nursing care alongside the caring team whilst ensuring that the Carebase values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Care and compassion.
- Respect and appreciation.
- Teamwork and enjoyment.
- Focus and best practice.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Recognition and reward.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Development and investment.
- We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
- The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the health and well-being of the Residents and staff.
- Personal Accountability for own Training and Development needs as required.
- Person specification.
- Registered Nurse with current UKCC registration.
- Experience in care of the elderly.
- Practice knowledge of care planning.
- Professional, understanding, and patient with a warm personality.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates a caring disposition towards others.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Team player, willing
To train and develop colleagues.
As an employer Carebase pays for their nurse’s annual NMC fees.Apply Now
Care Assistant, Redhill£8.00-£8.60Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a Care Assistant to join our dedicated and compassionate team.
Care Assistant Full Time & Part Time
Acorn Court Care Home – Redhill RH1
Job Purpose – To give outstanding care to every Resident.
- To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, washing, bathing etc) and attention to Residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of Residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each Resident and administer medication to Residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the Residents.
- To always be alert to Residents – physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any accidents or changes in a Resident’s condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update Residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of Resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support Residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting Residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying Resident’s room, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed, ensure any maintenance work is reported and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for Residents who need assistance with feeding and dressing.
- To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, training and development, ensuring good communication ensuring that Carebase is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Full Time, Part Time and Bank Hours Available.Apply Now