At Acorn Court Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- People were supported by staff that knew them as individuals. A relative said “The care workers are amazing. My relative’s keyworker is stunning. They really check things to the nth degree, get on with the job, no fuss, so reliable – we don’t have to check. The nurses are all good.”
- One relative said “They treat me like family here, a part of the furniture. The night and day staff will ask how I am, and how I’m coping, showing concern for me.”
- Staff had developed positive and caring relationships with people. Companionable, relaxed relationships were evident during the day of our inspection. One member of staff said “The best thing about working here is the residents, they make me smile and I make them smile.”
- One person said “Oh I say, you must have some of the best carers you could ever have here.” A relative said “The staff are very good.”
- “The management is very good, pretty on the ball actually. She is seen out and about, getting involved in the day to day team things. A consistent close knit team.” Another relative said “The management is always friendly and approachable and people have time to have a chat. I can always go to the manager if an issue arises but nothing has occurred.”