At Acorn Court Care Home we are committed to providing high-quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- A relative said, “I think the service is exceptionally well run and the care is excellent.” Another relative told us, “My spouse receives the best care possible and all their needs are taken care of.”
- People were safe within the service. One person told us, “Yes, I feel safe here, the staff are kind and it’s a nice place to be.”
- The comments from relatives and people included, “I am very pleased with all the care my relative is receiving. This is an excellent care home and I am very pleased I chose this for my relative. I am more than satisfied with all sides of Acorn Court.” and “The home is exceptional, both in terms of the facilities and the team you have gathered around you.”
- People were supported to have maximum choice and control of their lives and staff supported them in the least restrictive way possible and in their best interests; the policies and systems in the service supported this practice.
- Staff had regular refresher training to update their knowledge. They were knowledgeable regarding the care of people. A member of staff said, “I had a lot of training.” Another member of the staff told us, “We are supported and are happy here.”
- A relative said, “Given how complex the needs of a lot of the residents are, I think they do very well. The activities are very good. There’s always something going on and the staff joins in.”
- Staff had a good knowledge on equality and diversity. A member of staff told us, “I have attended training on equality and diversity. My understanding of equality and diversity is that everyone has a choice; everyone is different; we have to treat everyone as an individual.”
- One resident said, “I like the meals, they’re lovely. ” A relative added, “I think the food is quite good. There are three courses at lunchtime and my family member usually eats all three.”
- Staff were caring and kind to people. One person said, “I like it here, staff are all nice to me and we have a laugh. ” Another person told us, “The staff are very kind, they are good fun.”